Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 4

So its been a rough couple of days.  My knees got really bad on Friday and I went back to urgent care to see what was going on.  The doctor basically said that unfortunately I need to completely stop working out to let my knees repair and then begin slowly to start working out.  She wasn't real onboard with the philosophy here and feels that working out this much isn't healthy for your body.  With this super unhelpful advice I went back to the resort and had decided to go home for a week to let my knees recoup and come back when they start to feel better.  I packed up and made the arrangements and then got a call from the reservations people about all these fees I would incur that made it silly to leave.  So then I unpacked.  So this week I'm going to relax as much as possible.  Did an hour of rowing with just my arms and then a circuit of arm machines this morning.  I guess a lot of pool classes this week.  The two days off over the weekend actually have already made my knees start to feel a lot better.  So far I've lost 17.2 pounds.  Not exactly as fast as I thought it would be but I certainly couldn't eat any less or work any harder. Thinking I might use some of this down time to go get a pedi.  My feet look like they have been through a mine field.  A pedicure lasts four hours at this place. Chocolate covered strawberries for dessert tonight.  Something to get me through the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment