Today went pretty well. Woke up extremely sore and actually grateful for the 5am stretch class hoping that I could loosen myself up a little before our hike. We hiked up a canyon on the beach which was beautiful but hiking on sand is a bitch. I was at the head of my group again today and they actually encouraged me to move up a group which I did for most of the hike. BTW, Debbie
Besner if you are reading this, the gloves you gave me are literally saving me. It's so cold here at the beginning of the hike until of course I start dripping with sweat and stripping layers off like a maniac. We had this awesome granola that they make here today for breakfast which was so amazing it tasted like it should be bad for you. Definitely going to buy their cookbook to bring home. Then did another stretch class afte our hike and then lunch which was nothing special (BBQ pizza made with wheat tortilla, fake cheese and chicken and beet soup). After lunch we had cardio kickboxing class, a circuit class and then a class called Mountain which is as aweful as it sounds. Then we had a water intervals class. You wouldn't think you would be able to sweat in water. You would be wrong. I was so tired at dinnertime that I literally couldn't really eat and just grabbed a banana and came back to my room.
Totalled about 985 calories today but don't feel hungry in the slightest. Icing my legs while watching Top Chef but barely able to keep my eyes open. Seeing some chiropractor after dinner tomorrow that is supposed to be this god that can heal any pain. I'm gonna have him start at my head and work his way down.
So happy the gloves are a help! Even
ReplyDeletehappier to know one can sweat in the water. Love that your sarcasm is not impacted by your fatigue. Sending love...
So What's the mountain class? And why the fake cheese? Like really chemically enhanced kind? And what's in the granola ?
ReplyDeleteAmazed you even wrote last night! I am exhausted just reading about all you've done.
Keep writing - I look forward to reading every day
Have a great day!
Mountain class sucks. Basically you go on a piece of cardio at a baseline level. Just enough to get you breathing hard and you do that for three minutes. Every three minutes you have to increase you resistance and speed by one level. You do this 12 times and then at the last level (the top of the mountain) you do six minutes pretty much going all out.
DeleteThe cheese is that brand Daiya. They don't do any soy or dairy here so that is what they use. They are big fans of xanthum gum for binding everything. Not sure what is in the granola but they have a copy of the recipe that I'm gonna grab so I will let you know. They also use unsweetened cocoa poweder in a lot of things to give a chocolate flavor.
So it's a vegan cheese. At least there are no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors!
DeleteI love reading your posts! First thing I do everymorning. I agree with Debbie above--so great that your sarcasm can shine through. Can't believe it is only day 4!
ReplyDeleteSending lots of good New England energy--from, the dark dreary New England winter!