Monday, January 9, 2012

Day One-Complete

My fingers are too tired to type much but I will say that today was incredibly difficult but successful.  I didn't  go into cardiac arrest, drop dead, vomit or collapse. My day began at 5:00 am (I set three alarms) with a stretching class which was more like Yoga (ugh).  People that think child's pose is comfortable are insane.  We then had a "getting to know your gym" class.  Nothing special.  Then we had breakfast which was a whole wheat english muffin with Egg and fake cheese and turkey bacon and a side fruit salad.   After breakfast we left for a three hour hike.  I'm happy to say I was not the worst in my group, but I was certainly not the insane chic that thought the hike was too easy and jogged back down the hill to job up it for a second go round.  When we came back from the hike we went to another stretching/yoga class and finally lunch of salad and a greek pita with turkey.  After lunch we had a lecture, then circuit training class.  I think I actually did go into cardiac arrest in that one.  Then a core/pilates class and then a Water Invervals class and then dinner of turkey chili and cornbread.  Dessert was pineapple....also known as fruit.  I'm now back in my room covered with ice packs and trying to stay awake until 8:30 to see Real Housewives of Beverly Hills but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.  God help me...it's going to be a long three months!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done! I'm impressed you got a blog post up! Hope today goes well.
    xoxo
    --L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about your day! Of course I find everything interesting especially the yoga and food part :) Childs pose like all the other stuff will become easier. Are there props in your yoga class? If so ask for a bolster to put between your legs and lay your tummy on it. So I want to know what your room is like, the facilities and so on. I know you are tired but write all that stuff down too!
    Sounds like a good first day. Sending positive energy your way ......

    ReplyDelete