Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Oye...my back

So today sucked.  It felt like someone was stabbing me in my lower back all day.  I even skipped one class, albeit a Water Interval class so that doesn't really count so that I could take a nice long shower before my chiropractor appointment.  I'm pretty sure this chiropractor stuff is a load of crap, but Dr. Rey is just so pretty I would let him paralyze me if he wanted to.  I made another appointment for Monday night.  Today's hike went fine.  When I got back, my neighbor was literally having a mental breakdown.  She is a 3 pack a day smoker and was dying on the hike and freaking out.  They had to have the shrink talk her down.  Lunch was our best meal since I've been here....quinoa lettuce wraps....Allison, I'll take a pic of the recipe and send it.  It was so good.  Dinner was bbq chicken sandwich...it was kind of gross.  Lots of hot sauce.  Going to take some tylenol and head to bed. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Debbie - Sorry I'm a little behind - I had a wellness presentation I was working on. In any case...... Here's my motivating speech for the day: everybody's results will be different because people are different and unique. That's why "diets" fail. A particular diet may work for one person based on THEIR body. But it may not work for you. That's why it's best just to follow general wellness guidelines like you are doing. Because those do work for everyone. However, as I've said before bodies react to things differently. Just because so and so lost 12 pounds doesn't mean it won't happen for you. It will just happen at a different pace and maybe in a different way. Don't be discouraged! And try not to let outside stressors aka dog get in the way. Stress ( the bad kind) causes all types of nasty reactions in thebody that you don't want.
    I'm interested to hear how things went with the chiropractor. I've always had good results. My guy does the ART stuff too which really helped with my shoulder.
    Would love the lettuce wrap recipe . Sounds good!
    Have a great day and stay positive! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chiropractor is amazing, but I feel like the results just last a day and then I'm in agony again. I've made apointments every Tuesday and Thursday for the rest of my time here. Gonna post a bunch of recipes soon.

    ReplyDelete