 |
| Pic from Lucy's visit |
Sorry for the lack of posts my faithful followers. Busy couple of days. Saturday morning I did a 2 1/2 hour cardio blast workout and then a 2 1/2 hour last chance workout all by noon while juggling two loads of laundry in the slowest machines known to man. Got a lovely visit from Debbie Besner and Blake. We walked over to the cafe next store (which is like a weird hippie commune with paddle boats, dogs everywhere, chandeliers outside, folk music-too hard to explain) and attempted to take Blake on a paddle boat ride. It did not go well. Debbie and I could not for the life of us get the boat to move in a straight line and gave up after 4 minutes. Blake however was a natural on the elliptical. Saturday night I went out for Sushi with two girlfriends here. They recommend that you try eating out every once in a while. So typically I would get a lobster roll or something with that spicy mayo since I don't actually eat raw fish. Tonight we got cucumber roles, easy on the brown rice, wrapped in soy instead of seaweed (less sodium) and minus soy sauce. We also got non salted edamame. It wasn't the most exciting meal, but it was so good to not be eating in the dining hall for once. We went bowling after and sadly my average score of 90 was enough to cream these ladies every game. Not the best athletes found at fat camp. Sunday my friend Melissa came to visit, armed with my large pile of junk mail and my cutiepie Lucy. We did a repeat of Saturday and headed over to the cafe next store where dogs are not only welcome, but encouraged. Saw Pink and her husband and baby who were getting down to the folk music. Also ran into a couple of rogue fat campers eating apple pie a'la mode and downing bloody marys. Then Melissa and I went to one of the fields here and I got to play fetch with Lucy for a while, who showed how much she's been missing me by biting me on my forearm and leaving a quarter size blue welt. Other exciting news here... Apparently this guest John was a firefighter who received a traumatic brain injury on the job and is here to get back in shape after a long recovery. Well he has a staph infection. Apparently this is super contagious and dangerous, yet the resort has only asked him to not use the pool but is still letting him use the gyms(which to me seems the reverse of logic because I think the chlorine would actually kill it). I'm now obsessively cleaning every piece of equipment before I use it. Yesterday another guest went to the urgent care and is being tested for a staph infection too. Ugh! On the bright side, if I die from a staph infection while I'm here they would totally have to give me a refund. A guest showed up this week that is completely blind. I am beyond impressed by this woman. The hikes are terrifying enough for me with 20/20 vision. I can't imagine going on them blind and having to trust in these 20-something hike guides to not lead me off a cliff. They send her to the pool classes on her own so I've taken it upon myself to hold her hand the entire class. I spend the entire class dodging other people, steering her away from the concrete walls, etc. The responsibility of being in charge of her safety has made me work much harder in pool class than I otherwise would have. I also gotten to know her well and she is soooo inspirational. She was a lawyer for ten years, then had an accident and lost her sight. She has an amazing sense of humor and spirit, and randomly very large breast implants that she got after losing her sight. Today, three kickboxing classes back to back. Need a break from the pool and I hate this class called ball works. I will however, be pouring a bottle of hand sanitizer in the boxing gloves before I use them.
No comments:
Post a Comment