Thursday, February 9, 2012
Getting my second wind
Having a good couple of days. Yesterday I did the hike and it actually felt too easy for me so I asked to move up a group. Then I did two kickboxing classes, another cardio class, a circuit class, stretch and a pool class in the afternoon. Today I went into the new hiking group. It was a beast. I felt like we just kept going up and going up and it was never ending. A couple of us stragglers were convinced we would reach heaven any minute. When I collapsed back in the van at the end of the hike I thought they were going to have to carry me back to my room. I did a quick stretch class and that seemed to revive me. Unfortunately, the only activity I really excel at here is stretch class. I've been given the nickname Gumby by some of the hike guides. At least I'm the best at something. Also tried something called Jacob's Ladder today, which is this cruel piece of cardio equipment that tried to kill me. I made it for 11 minutes before I dropped to the ground. It look me 10 minutes to breath normally again. There was this lady here a couple of weeks ago from NJ who set the record on it doing it for 49 minutes. At the time, I thought it wasn't that big a deal. Now I'm thinking she must have been on steroids. I have a date tonight...I mean an appointment with Dr. Ray. Can't wait. Off to treading, ball works, cardio circuit this afternoon. Going to quickly change before my afternoon classes, ice my newest injury shin splints, and clean out my camelpack (this backpack we use on the hikes that holds your water) as mine has begun to smell and taste like sweaty socks. And yes, I do actually know what sweaty socks taste like as I was forced into a position called plough the other day which ended with my foot alarmingly close to my mouth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment