Friday, February 17, 2012

Black Cloud over my head

So it seems like I can't escape this black cloud over my head.  Just when I thought things were turning around, I get sick with what seems like an annoying cold.  Went to the doctor who said that it was an upper respiratory infection, not the staph infection that is going around thank goodness.  As the day went on, I started feeling worse and worse.  Couldn't move my neck to the left, coughing up nasty stuff for my fellow gym mates to admire.  And then my teeth started to hurt.  And when I say hurt, I mean I felt pain like I have never felt before.  My Florida dentist told me to make an appointment out here for a possible root canal.  So I took some theraflu and a vicodin and headed back to my room.  From 6pm until 6am I cried like a little baby.  No amount of vicodin was helping, sleep was not a remote possibility and I was pretty sure that I would not survive the night.  The night also included me fainting on my way to the bathroom and waking up on the bathroom floor bleeding from my head with a killer headache.  At this point, I decided my dad and stepmom should join the fun so I called them at 3am their time to let them know that I was dying.  This morning, my brother the saint accompanied me to my root canal and literally sat in the room as they slashed my gums to drain abscesses, bravely declaring, "You're doing great.  It's almost over."  Now I'm chilling at Dan's house, in a vicodin stupor, wondering how on earth the trainers are going to take it when I tell them I can't work out until at least Monday.  Going back for a little more disinfecting on Monday and then they seal the tooth back later in the week.  Luckily the pain seems to be diminishing and my flu symptoms should start to go away now that the infection is flushed out. My body sure will find any excuse to not work out.  Hope my blind friend didn't drown in the pool today without me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment