Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Back in the thick of it

Knees are good to go.  Did a hike Saturday, survived Superbowl Sunday, and did a HARD hike and 4 cardio classes yesterday and I'm still feeling good. Sore, but good.  New crop of people here and I literally befriended the only decent looking guy here who of course turns out to be gay.  He's a theatre actor in England, mostly Shakespearean productions and very entertaining on a hike!  He almost plummeted to his death in the middle of an Othello soliloquy yesterday.  It's pouring here this morning and the princess at my core could not face hiking in the pouring rain.  Last time this happened people came back caked in mud and miserable and spent the rest of the week figuring out how to dry out their shoes.  I'll work out in the comfort of the gym instead, thank you.  There is this lady here this week who lost 200 pounds on her own and is here to finish off the last 10 or so.  I thought she would be interesting to get to know...she's from NJ, kind of funny etc.  Come to find out she has a brain tumor that causes short term memory loss, so every time she meets me she reintroduces herself and tells me her whole story all over again.  It was sad at first.  Now it is just annoying.  I convinced my alcoholic crush to stay next week instead of going home and coming back in two weeks.  He gave the therapist Essra his car keys so he wouldn't be tempted to run off and go drinking.  He keeps asking to borrow my car to go get booze.  I tell him only if he brings me back a diet coke.  That kind of brings things to a halt, because he doesn't want to enable me and I don't want to enable him.  A match made in fat camp heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment