 |
| Self pic at top of Leo Carillo hike...not my best look |
.JPG) |
| Leo Carillo Hike |
 |
Hike guides frolicking in the ocean at the end of the hike. I just want to get back in the van. Freaking hippies!
|
So I have made it through my 8th week here! So this week the special needs firefighter fell off his thera ball and hit his head on a weight bar. He already has a shunt in his brain so the trainer decided to call the ambulance. While class paused to attend to him I noticed the chick next to me looking a little pale. We called the trainer over and she told her she was feeling faint. The trainer stupidly told her to stand up and get some air outside at which point she fainted and clonked her head on the floor. 2 ambulances in one class....that's a new record. While we waited for the medics to arrive the trainer didn't want us in the room so she made us march around the neighborhood holding our arms over our heads. That didn't look at all weird to cars passing by. So humiliating. I would rather have been one of the unconscious on the gym floor. My plantar fasciitis has been acting up again and I've tried to put my faith in the beautiful Dr. Ray, but to be honest he might just be really pretty and not all that good at what he does. And yes, Allison that pic really is of him. He used to be a professional bodybuilder. Now he's just my reason to live. Now I feel like I'm cheating on him (he is super anti-cortisone shots- apparently I'm weakening the tendon and will be at risk of rupturing the fascia) by sneaking off late at night to urgent care to get a cortisone shot. When I feel all better in a couple days he is going to be so proud of himself, thinking he cured me. Awww! He lent me his TENS machine, which is basically these electrodes that sort of electrocute you. They are supposed to be therapeutic and help tone muscles. It kind of feels like getting laser hair removal both in pain level and motivation. Not at all pleasant, but the payoff seems worth it. Anyhow, I quickly ignored the possibility of it having therapeutic effects which seemed unlikely and decided to blindly believe in it's ability to make me skinny while I sleep. Slept with it on my stomach last night. Can't say I had the best night sleep and pretty sure I'm still fat. Oh well. Worth a try. Super sore from the cortisone shots, so no hike for me today and then I have Sunday off. Hoping to jump back into things on Monday.
You need me to come and MELT your feet!
ReplyDeleteAhh...that would be amazing. I'm actually planning on going to a MELT seminar with one of the yogis here. She's been getting really into it and has been in contact with that main woman about some seminar they are doing out here. I'll let you know if we go.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing that I see that she is doing is the hand and foot instructor training 3/31 and 4/1 at the Wheel of Wellbeing. That's where she's doing the next training that I was talking about in June and July. There are instructors out there on the West Coast who do classes though. I am going to try and get into the city (NYC) to do one of her roller classes soon. Bought the roller and have been teaching myself, but it's not the same as actually learning and seeing firsthand. Have a great day! Off to teach a class - focus is abs today - UGH!
ReplyDelete