Thursday, March 15, 2012
Now it's getting interesting!
Yeah, so fat camp is pretty much the best place ever. In this alternate reality I'm a hottie and men are literally fighting over me. New guest this week that I've been hanging out with a lot. He's a firefighter from D.C. and no, not the one with brain damage. Another admirer of mine is not happy about this and my friend said that it seems like he's trying to mark his territory. I'm afraid he might pee on me soon. Kind of loving all the attention. Not sure how I'm going to go back to the real world. I'm skipping the hike this morning because it's raining and it's a beach hike and that doesn't sound fun to me. The hiking manager gave me the nickname "Princess" because I don't hike when it rains. Damn straight. I'm doing private training this afternoon with Cameron. My friend Kate trained with him last week and her butt was sore for a week. Apparently he is a big fan of lunges and squats...ugh. I've decided to extend my stay one more week so I will be heading home on April 8th. I can't believe this is coming to an end. Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to step everything up a notch. Throwing in private training a couple times a week, moving up a hiking group, etc. I have three weeks left to reach all my fitness goals. Even sprung for the polar watch that everyone wears here. It's a heart rate monitor that you wear 24/7 that measures and records your calories burned, max heart rate, etc. My goals is to burn 4,000 calories a day here 6 days a week for the remainder of my time. Since I only take in about 1,000 calories a day that would mean I would lose about 4 pounds per week. The hike burns about 1,600. I was surprised yesterday that I only burned about 320 in kickboxing. I thought it would have been much more. Equally surprised how many calories you burn while you pee. I literally stare at this watch all day...huh, 3 calories washing my face....2 calories brushing my teeth. Someone may need to take this thing away from me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment