Monday, March 5, 2012
Week 9
My foot is feeling much less sore now so I went on the hike this morning...Backbone Encinal...no big deal for a 9th weeker like myself. Did 11 mile hike in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Did a stretch class after the hike and then lunch. Then did two circuit training classes and a core class. Used the Jacob's Ladder during the cardio portions of circuit class and still can't seem to get in a groove on it. Would love to be able to do 10 minutes straight on it...right now I'm at 2 minutes. My alcoholic friend is determined to push me through the 10 minutes so feels the need to yell at me every time I try to jump off. The resort is at full capacity this week so every class is super crowded. Hoping a lot of these people only stay one week. My MMA fighter friend/trainer is coming back into town this week so I will begin training with him again. That workout makes me sweat harder than I have ever sweat in my life. My sneakers now smell something fierce and look like they have been through war. Everything I own is caked in dust and mud from the trails. I have never appreciated a shower more than I do at the end of these days and never felt worse for a cleaning crew than I do for the poor ladies that have to clean our nasty ass rooms filled with sweaty socks and sneakers every day. My friend Kate's relationship with one of the hike guides has imploded and she has been moping in my room at night for days. I promised her if I hiked with him today that I would consider shoving him off a cliff. I didn't follow through. Partially because I don't even have the energy to shove him hard enough and partially because I would never be able to find my way back to the van without him. Chili with cornbread for dinner tonight. Just what we need. 80 fat people filled with beans contorting themselves during 5am stretch class tomorrow morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you rock Deb! love you!
ReplyDelete