Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Coming to an end

So my time here is officially coming to an end and I must say that I am super sad.  No idea how it is going to be to go back into the real world.  I said goodbye to the fireman the other day and felt nothing past, "That sucks.  Now I don't have anyone fun to hang out with."  He however was sobbing and begging me to move to Maryland.  Trying to figure out if I'm in denial that he was this super amazing guy that I may never see again or if I really just wasn't that into him.  On top of the mixed emotions about leaving here, I found out today that I didn't get the job at the resort.  The girl told me they decided to go with someone else, but they would still like to consider me for a more full time position that is opening up in August.  I think they just don't like fat people.  But seriously, not sure what went wrong.  I couldn't know the program any better, I'm really good at smiling now that I have $50,000 worth of pearly whites in my mouth and for Christ's sake, I'm college educated and willing to work for $12/hr. I'm trying not to "catastrophize" things or "mind read" about why this happened (both terms my therapist here has me working on), so for now I'm going to reason that it wasn't meant to be and a princess like myself could never live off of $12/hr with a minimal health insurance policy.  Positives that I still have going for me:

*I will soon be back in my super comfortable bed with down comforter and full size pillows (the pillows here are seriously the size of a regular pillow cut in half)
*I have a super buff dude living in my apartment committed to training me every morning
*Super buff dude has been working on scaring the growl out of Lucy
*I get to reunite with Lucy and cuddle her to death
*I will finally be able to finish my Dental Makeover 2012 with one more visit to FL.
*I can sleep past 5:30am and not wake up to the sound of a cow who moos like she is being tortured. 

Trying not to have a total breakdown about the job not working out and haven't cried since the first Sunday I weighed in(except for the root canal incident, but that was physical pain so that doesn't count), so I am going to go to town in kickboxing class today and take out my anger there and hopefully hold it together.  I am however thinking about getting back at them today by throwing extra towels on the floor instead of hanging them up so they have to give me new ones.  I'm also thinking of not wiping down my cardio equipment today. That's right, no one messes with Debbie Fogelman!

No comments:

Post a Comment